Download Clinical Manual for the Psychiatric Interview of Children by Claudio Cepeda PDF
By Claudio Cepeda
This publication deals a complete and sensible advisor to the kid and adolescent psychiatric interview, offering an overview of the way first to elicit information from more youthful sufferers and their households, then tips on how to arrange and combine this knowledge to shape a definitive software of care. medical guide for the Psychiatric Interview of youngsters and teens exhibits find out how to concentration the exploration of universal psychiatric syndromes whereas delivering advice in such issues as normal rules of interviewing, use of the AMSIT in psychological prestige examinations, and overview of either internalizing and externalizing signs. The guide is phenomenally functional, illustrated with medical vignettes and stronger with quick-reference tables that summarize key issues. as well as overlaying the psychiatric assessment, it additionally brings clients in control on such issues as neuropsychiatric evaluate, psychiatric formula, comorbidities, resistances, and countertransference. It expands vastly at the assurance within the writer s earlier ebook Concise consultant to the Psychiatric Interview of youngsters and kids, and lines new chapters on engagement, specified ideas, evaluation of the kinfolk, delivering suggestions to households, and precise populations.
Read or Download Clinical Manual for the Psychiatric Interview of Children and Adolescents PDF
Similar pediatrics books
A pragmatic and concise advisor, written by way of clinicians for clinicians. goals to assist CAMHS employees consider extra convinced in assessing and handling the desires of kids with a studying incapacity who've psychological illnesses. it will increase the traditional of, and uniformity with which, providers are supplied around the nation.
Now in its 6th version, the Neonatal Formulary maintains to supply recommendation at the secure use of gear generally given to infants in the course of hard work, supply and the 1st month of lifestyles. as well as the 230 monographs featured within the prior variation, 6 new medicines have been extra and all references were up-to-date.
Pediatric respiration problems are chargeable for a few acute and protracted medical conditions and are a number one reason for pediatric emergency room visits and hospitalizations. greater than ever, nurses and nurse practitioners should have an figuring out of the anatomy, pathophysiology, prognosis and cutting-edge remedies in pediatric breathing illness as they can be the 1st to return in touch with and realize respiration difficulties in kids.
Crucial Neonatal medication combines the intensity and breadth of a textbook with the readability and potency of a studying consolidator. Providing a good reference for trainee doctors, neonatal nurses and midwives, this complete color variation has been widely up-to-date with a variety of recent illustrations, scientific information, cross-references to Wiley identify Nursing the Neonate (2010, 9781405149747), and end-of-chapter summaries for speedy examine or revision.
- Pediatric Dramatherapy: They Couldn't Run, So They Learned to Fly
- Neuromuscular disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence : a clinician's approach
- Pediatric Psycho-oncology: Psychosocial Aspects and Clinical Interventions
- Practice Nurse Handbook, 5th edition
Additional resources for Clinical Manual for the Psychiatric Interview of Children and Adolescents
How old are you? Where do you go to school? The examiner may ask if the child knows where they are, what kind of doctor the examiner is, why the child is at the doctor’s office now, and/or why the child needs to see a psychiatrist. After these preliminary questions, the specific interviewing process begins. Engagement is fostered when the examiner promotes a positive bond with the child and family; this is boosted when the examiner expresses empathy for the child’s or family’s circumstances and when the examiner identifies with the child’s or family’s perspectives.
Occasionally, parents are not forthright with a child regarding the need for psychiatric evaluation. When parents feel intimidated or when they fear General Principles of Interviewing 19 the child’s response, they are likely to be less than candid with the child about the evaluation. In these circumstances, parents often cajole or deceive the child by saying that he or she will be taken to a medical doctor, a counselor, a special school, or somewhere else. In crisis or emergency situations, the preparatory aspects of the interview are usually dispensed with.
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Beginning the interview (engagement) Elaborating the presenting problem Extending the exploration Completing the mental status examination Closing the interview Interpreting the results Source. Reprinted from Cepeda C: "General Principles of Interviewing," in Concise Guide to the Psychiatric Interview of Children and Adolescents. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Press, 2000, p. 20. Copyright 2000, American Psychiatric Press. Used with permission. In a similar fashion, Katz’s (1990) description of the adolescent’s anxiety preceding the initial interview with a therapist could be aptly applied to the first meeting between the child and the psychiatrist: “While the first few minutes of an interview are significant with all patients, they are particularly significant with adolescents, as many of them are struggling for independence, trying to establish an identity, and choosing their place in the world.