If you are looking to get SolidWorks 2016, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will guide you through the process of acquiring this powerful CAD software.
Step 1: System Requirements
Before getting SolidWorks 2016, it is essential to ensure that your computer meets the system requirements. This will ensure smooth installation and optimal performance.
To run SolidWorks 2016, your computer should meet the following specifications:
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Intel or AMD with SSE2 support
- RAM: Minimum of 8GB
- Graphics Card: Certified OpenGL workstation card with minimum 1GB VRAM
Step 2: Obtaining a License
To use SolidWorks, you need a valid license. There are different ways to obtain a license depending on your needs and circumstances.
Purchase a License
If you are an individual or a company planning to use SolidWorks long-term, purchasing a license is the best option.
You can visit the official SolidWorks website and explore their pricing plans. They offer different licenses tailored for students, educators, professionals, and enterprises.
If you are a student or an educator, you may be eligible for an educational license. Many educational institutions have partnerships with Dassault Systèmes (the company behind SolidWorks) that allow students and educators access to SolidWorks at no cost or at discounted rates.
Contact your institution’s IT department or check their website to explore the options available to you.
If you want to try SolidWorks before committing to a purchase, you can take advantage of their free trial. The trial period usually lasts for 30 days, during which you can explore the software’s features and capabilities.
Visit the official SolidWorks website and look for the “Free Trial” or “Try Now” button. Fill in the required information, and you will receive a download link and an activation code via email.
Step 3: Download and Installation
Once you have obtained a SolidWorks license or a trial version, it’s time to download and install the software.
Follow these steps:
- Download: Click on the download link provided by SolidWorks or navigate to their official website and log in with your credentials. Look for the appropriate version of SolidWorks 2016 and click on the download button.
- Installation: Once the download is complete, locate the installer file on your computer and double-click it.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install SolidWorks 2016. Make sure to choose your desired installation options.
- Activation: If you are using a trial version, launch SolidWorks after installation and enter the activation code provided during registration. For licensed users, follow the activation process outlined in your purchase confirmation email or contact customer support if needed.
Step 4: Learning Resources
Congratulations! You now have SolidWorks 2016 installed on your computer. To make the most out of this powerful CAD software, it is essential to familiarize yourself with its features and functionality.
Here are some learning resources to help you get started:
- Official SolidWorks Tutorials: Visit the official SolidWorks website and explore their tutorials section. They provide step-by-step guides and videos covering various topics.
- Online Communities and Forums: Join online communities and forums dedicated to SolidWorks.
These platforms allow you to connect with other users, ask questions, and learn from their experiences.
- YouTube Channels: Search for SolidWorks tutorial channels on YouTube. Many experienced users share their knowledge through video tutorials, which can be a great way to learn visually.
Remember, practice makes perfect. Experiment with different features of SolidWorks 2016, take on small projects, and gradually build your skills.
In conclusion, obtaining SolidWorks 2016 involves ensuring your system meets the requirements, acquiring a license or trial version, downloading and installing the software, and utilizing learning resources to enhance your skills. Now go ahead and start exploring the world of CAD with SolidWorks!