Are you tired of seeing the plot stamp every time you print or plot a drawing in AutoCAD? Don’t worry, turning off the plot stamp is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps.
What is the Plot Stamp?
Before we dive into how to turn it off, let’s first understand what the plot stamp actually is. The plot stamp is a feature in AutoCAD that automatically adds information such as the date and time of plotting, the drawing name, and the author’s name to the output file.
This feature can be useful for keeping track of revisions and ensuring accountability. However, there are times when you may want to disable it, especially when creating final prints or plotting confidential drawings.
Turning off Plot Stamp
To turn off the plot stamp in AutoCAD, follow these steps:
- Open the Options dialog box: To access the plot stamp settings, go to the Application menu (the ‘A’ icon in the top-left corner) and select ‘Options’ from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the Plot and Publish tab: In the Options dialog box, click on ‘Plot and Publish’ from the list on the left-hand side.
- Select Plot Stamp Settings: Under ‘Plotting’, you will find an option called ‘Plot stamp on/off’. Click on it to open its settings.
- Disable Plot Stamp: In the Plot Stamp Settings dialog box, uncheck the box that says ‘Include layout name’.
This will disable adding layout names to your plots. You can also uncheck other options like ‘Include date/time’, ‘Include plot scale’, etc., depending on your requirements.
- Save Changes: Once you have made the necessary changes, click ‘OK’ to save the settings and close the Plot Stamp Settings dialog box.
- Close Options: Finally, click ‘OK’ or ‘Apply’ in the Options dialog box to save all changes and exit the dialog box.
And that’s it! You have successfully turned off the plot stamp in AutoCAD.
In this tutorial, we learned how to turn off the plot stamp in AutoCAD. The plot stamp can be useful for tracking revisions but may not always be desired when creating final prints or plotting confidential drawings. By following a few simple steps in the Options dialog box, you can easily disable the plot stamp and customize its settings according to your needs.
Remember, it’s important to consider any company or project-specific requirements before disabling any default features in AutoCAD. But now that you know how to turn off the plot stamp, you have more control over your plotted output files!