Are you considering using SolidWorks for your engineering or design projects? One important factor to consider is the cost. In this article, we will explore how much SolidWorks costs per year and break down the different pricing options available.
What is SolidWorks?
SolidWorks is a popular computer-aided design (CAD) software that allows engineers and designers to create 3D models and drawings. It offers a wide range of tools and features for designing mechanical parts, assemblies, and more.
SolidWorks offers a subscription-based pricing model, which means users pay an annual fee to access the software. The subscription includes software updates, technical support, and other benefits.
The standard subscription for SolidWorks is the most common option for individual users or small businesses. The cost of a standard subscription starts at $1,295 per year. With this subscription, you get access to the full version of SolidWorks Standard.
- Features: The standard subscription includes all the essential features of SolidWorks, such as 3D modeling tools, simulation capabilities, drawing tools, and assembly management features.
- Support: Subscribers receive technical support from SolidWorks experts via phone or online chat.
- Updates: Regular updates are provided to ensure you have access to the latest features and improvements.
If you require additional functionality or advanced features, you may consider the professional subscription. The professional subscription starts at $5,490 per year and gives you access to SolidWorks Professional.
- Features: In addition to all the features available in the standard subscription, the professional subscription includes advanced simulation tools, design validation capabilities, and a library of pre-built parts and components.
- Support: Professional subscribers receive priority technical support, ensuring faster response times.
- Updates: Like the standard subscription, regular updates are provided to keep you up to date with new features and enhancements.
The premium subscription is designed for large organizations or those with specific industry requirements. The price for a premium subscription starts at $14,990 per year and offers access to SolidWorks Premium.
- Features: The premium subscription includes all the features of both the standard and professional subscriptions. It also offers additional tools for complex surfacing, mold design, sheet metal fabrication, and more.
- Support: Premium subscribers receive priority support from senior technical experts.
- Updates: Regular updates are provided to keep your software up to date with the latest enhancements and improvements.
SolidWorks also offers special pricing options for educational institutions and students. Educational licenses are available at discounted rates to encourage learning and development in academic settings. These licenses have limited functionality but still provide a valuable learning experience for students.
In conclusion, SolidWorks offers different pricing options depending on your needs. The standard subscription is suitable for individual users or small businesses starting at $1,295 per year.
The professional subscription provides advanced features starting at $5,490 per year. For large organizations or those with specific industry requirements, the premium subscription is available starting at $14,990 per year. Additionally, SolidWorks offers discounted educational licenses for students and academic institutions.
Consider your requirements and budget when choosing the right subscription for your needs. With SolidWorks, you gain access to powerful CAD software that can greatly enhance your design and engineering capabilities.