How Much Does SolidWorks MBD Cost?
If you are looking for a comprehensive solution to create and communicate 3D product manufacturing information (PMI), SolidWorks MBD is the perfect tool for you. With its powerful capabilities and user-friendly interface, it allows you to streamline your design-to-manufacturing processes effectively. However, before investing in this software, it’s essential to understand its cost structure.
SolidWorks MBD offers different license options to cater to the diverse needs of individuals and businesses. The cost of the software depends on the type of license you choose:
- Perpetual License: This type of license provides permanent access to SolidWorks MBD. It involves a one-time upfront payment, which typically ranges between $4,000 and $8,000, depending on your region and any ongoing promotions.
- Term License: If you prefer a flexible licensing option, a term license might be suitable for you.
It allows you to use SolidWorks MBD for a specific duration, such as three months or one year. The cost of a term license varies based on the duration and can range from $1,000 to $3,000 per year.
In addition to the base license cost, SolidWorks MBD offers several add-on modules that can enhance your capabilities further. These modules include:
- Tolerance Analysis: This module enables you to perform advanced tolerance stack-up analysis on your 3D models. It helps ensure that your design meets the required manufacturing tolerances. The cost of this module starts at approximately $1,500.
- Advanced Rendering: If you need to create realistic renderings of your 3D models, this module is a valuable addition. It provides advanced rendering tools and materials to enhance the visual quality of your product documentation.
The cost of the advanced rendering module starts at around $2,000.
- Collaboration: The collaboration module allows you to share your 3D product manufacturing information with team members and stakeholders seamlessly. It provides cloud-based collaboration tools for efficient communication and feedback. The cost of this module varies depending on the number of users and collaboration features required.
In addition to the initial license cost, SolidWorks MBD offers subscription services that provide ongoing benefits and support. These services include software updates, technical support, access to online resources, and training materials. The annual subscription fee typically ranges from 20% to 25% of the base license cost.
SolidWorks MBD offers a range of pricing options to accommodate different budgets and requirements. Whether you opt for a perpetual or term license, along with add-on modules and subscription services, it’s essential to evaluate your needs carefully. Consider factors such as the size of your organization, project complexity, collaboration requirements, and long-term goals before making a decision.
By choosing SolidWorks MBD as your PMI solution, you can streamline your design-to-manufacturing processes effectively and improve communication with stakeholders throughout the product development lifecycle.