Gill Sans is a popular sans-serif typeface designed by English sculptor, type designer and punchcutter Eric Gill in the 1920s. It is a humanistic sans-serif font, meaning it has a more organic, calligraphic feel than other sans-serif fonts. It is often used for headlines and logos and has been used by numerous brands including the BBC and Microsoft.
Canva is a popular graphic design platform which allows users to create stunning visuals for web and print easily. It has a large selection of fonts to choose from, giving users the freedom to experiment with typography and find the perfect font for their design project.
One of the most popular fonts in Canva’s library is Gill Sans, allowing users to recreate the classic look of this classic typeface in their designs. However, not everyone is familiar with Gill Sans or prefers to use something else. So what font is similar to Gill Sans in Canva?
There are several alternative fonts which can be used as an alternative or compliment to Gill Sans. Some of these are:
- Montserrat – Created by Julieta Ulanovsky, Montserrat uses some of the same characteristics as Gill Sans but adds its own unique style making it both modern and elegant.
- Raleway – With its slightly condensed letterforms Raleway has a very similar feel to Gill Sans but with more personality.
- Lato – This sans-serif font has a similar geometric structure to that of Gill Sans but with more rounded edges.
- Roboto – Roboto was designed by Christian Robertson specifically for Google’s Android operating system. It shares many similarities with Gill Sans while also having its own distinct personality.
- Open Sans – Developed by Steve Matteson at Ascender Corporation Open Sans has a modern look and feel while still maintaining some characteristics found in Gill Sans.
In conclusion, there are several fonts which can be used as an alternative or compliment to Gill Sans in Canva. These include Montserrat, Raleway, Lato, Roboto and Open Sans. Each of these offers its own unique style while still sharing many similarities with the popular classic typeface.