Canva is a graphic design platform used by millions of people around the world to create amazing designs. It offers a wide range of tools and features for users to create professional-looking designs quickly and easily. Canva has become one of the most popular online design tools available today, with more than 10 million users globally.
The company was founded in 2012 by Australian entrepreneurs Melanie Perkins, Cliff Obrecht, and Cameron Adams. Since then, Canva has grown rapidly and now offers a wide range of features to help users create stunning visuals.
These include pre-made templates, stock images, drag-and-drop editing tools, fonts, illustrations and many more useful features. The platform also provides a variety of pricing plans to suit different budgets and requirements.
Canva is constantly innovating and improving its product offering to keep up with current trends in the design industry. Last year, the company launched a new feature called “Design School” which provides users with tutorials and tips on how to use Canva’s various features effectively. This feature has been well received by users who are looking for more guidance on how to make their designs stand out from the rest.
In addition to its consumer offerings, Canva also provides enterprise solutions for businesses looking for more advanced design capabilities and support. These solutions include custom branding services, team collaboration features as well as other enterprise-level features such as integration with third-party platforms like Salesforce or Slack.
Canva has become one of the most successful start-ups in Australia over the past decade and has achieved widespread recognition for its innovative approach to online design tools. The company is backed by some of the world’s leading venture capital firms including Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst Partners, Matrix Partners and Felicis Ventures.
The majority ownership of Canva is held by two entities: Sequoia Capital Australia Pty Ltd holds 33% of the equity stake in Canva while Accel Partners owns an additional 10%. This means that together they own 43% of Canva’s shares.
Who Owns Canva?
The majority ownership of Canva is held by two entities: Sequoia Capital Australia Pty Ltd holds 33% of the equity stake in Canva while Accel Partners owns an additional 10%.
In conclusion, it can be seen that Sequoia Capital Australia Pty Ltd and Accel Partners both own significant stakes in Canva – owning 43% shares combined.