Webflow is a popular website design and development platform that offers a wide range of features and functionalities. But one question that often comes up is, can you export your websites from Webflow?
Well, the answer is a resounding yes! Webflow allows you to export your websites easily, giving you the freedom to host your site wherever you choose.
Why Export from Webflow?
Exporting your website from Webflow can be beneficial for several reasons. Firstly, exporting allows you to have complete control over your website’s code. This means that if you have custom requirements or want to integrate specific functionality, exporting can give you the flexibility to do so.
Secondly, exporting enables you to host your website on any web hosting provider of your choice. While Webflow provides its own hosting service, some users may prefer to use other hosting providers they are more familiar with or have specific requirements that are not met by Webflow’s hosting.
How to Export from Webflow
If you’ve decided that exporting from Webflow is the right choice for you, here’s how you can do it:
- Login: Sign in to your Webflow account and navigate to the project dashboard.
- Select Project: Choose the project that you want to export by clicking on it.
- Export Settings: Once inside the project settings, click on the “Export” tab located in the left sidebar.
- Choose Export Options: In the export settings, you’ll find various options for customizing your export. You can select whether to export all pages or just a specific page, include or exclude assets like images and CSS files, and even choose the export format (HTML or ZIP).
- Export: After customizing the export settings as per your requirements, simply click on the “Export” button to initiate the export process.
- Download: Once the export is complete, you’ll be provided with a download link. Click on it to download your website’s code.
What’s Included in the Export?
The exported code follows a clean and organized structure. The HTML files are well-structured with appropriate tags and indentation.
If you’re using Webflow’s powerful content management system (CMS), don’t worry! When you export a CMS-powered website, all the CMS content is included in the export as well. This means that you can still manage and update your CMS content even after exporting from Webflow.
Exporting from Webflow is a straightforward process that allows you to have full control over your website’s code and choose your preferred hosting provider. Whether you have specific customization requirements or prefer hosting elsewhere, exporting gives you the flexibility to make those choices. So go ahead and explore the world of exporting from Webflow!