So you’ve been using SolidWorks for a while now and you’ve heard about this amazing feature called DimXpert. But wait, how do you actually get DimXpert in SolidWorks? Don’t worry, in this article, we will guide you through the process step by step.
What is DimXpert?
Before we dive into how to get DimXpert, let’s quickly understand what it actually is. DimXpert is a tool within SolidWorks that allows you to create and manage dimensions directly on your 3D models.
It helps streamline the design process by automatically generating dimensions and tolerances based on the manufacturing requirements. With DimXpert, you can ensure accurate and consistent dimensions throughout your design.
Checking for Availability
The first thing you need to do is check if DimXpert is available in your version of SolidWorks. To do this, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open SolidWorks.
- Step 2: Go to the “Tools” menu.
- Step 3: Select “Add-Ins”.
- Step 4: In the Add-Ins window, look for “DimXpert” in the list.
If you find “DimXpert” in the list with a checkbox next to it, congratulations! You already have DimXpert installed and ready to use. If not, don’t worry, we’ll show you how to enable it.
To enable DimXpert in SolidWorks, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open SolidWorks.
- Step 4: In the Add-Ins window, scroll down and look for “DimXpert”.
- Step 5: Check the box next to “DimXpert” to enable it.
- Step 6: Click “OK” to save the changes.
Congratulations! You have successfully enabled DimXpert in SolidWorks. Now you can start using this powerful tool to create and manage dimensions directly on your 3D models.
Now that you have DimXpert enabled, let’s take a quick look at how to use it:
To capture dimensions using DimXpert, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open your 3D model in SolidWorks.
- Step 2: Go to the “Annotations” tab.
- Step 3: Click on the “DimXpert” tool.
- Step 4: Select the features or faces you want to capture dimensions for.
- Step 5: SolidWorks will automatically generate dimensions based on the selected features or faces.
You can customize the dimensions and tolerances generated by DimXpert according to your specific requirements.
If you need to edit or modify dimensions created by DimXpert, simply select the dimension and use the available options in SolidWorks’ dimensioning tools.
If your 3D model changes, you can easily update the dimensions created by DimXpert. Simply go to the “Annotations” tab, click on the “DimXpert” tool, and select “Update All”.
In this article, we have learned how to get DimXpert in SolidWorks. We covered checking for availability, enabling DimXpert, and using it to capture, edit, and update dimensions on your 3D models.
DimXpert is a powerful tool that can greatly enhance your design process by automating dimensioning tasks. So go ahead and give it a try in SolidWorks!