Are you looking to add a Google Map to your Webflow website? It’s easier than you might think!
With just a few simple steps, you can have a fully functional map embedded on your site. In this tutorial, I’ll walk you through the process of adding a Google Map to Webflow.
Step 1: Get the API Key
The first thing you need to do is get an API key from Google. This key will allow your website to access and display the map. To get an API key, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console: Open your web browser and navigate to https://console.com/.
- Create a new project: If you don’t have any projects yet, click on the “Select a project” dropdown menu at the top and choose “New Project”. Give your project a name and click “Create”.
- Create credentials: After enabling the API, go back to the main dashboard and click on “Credentials” in the left-hand sidebar. Then, click on the “Create credentials” button and select “API Key”.
- Copy the API key: Once your API key is created, copy it by clicking on the copy icon next to it.
Step 2: Add an HTML Embed element in Webflow
Now that you have your API key, it’s time to add the map to your Webflow website. Follow these steps:
- Login to your Webflow account: Open your web browser and navigate to the Webflow website. Login with your credentials.
- Open the project: Once you’re logged in, open the project where you want to add the map.
- Add an HTML Embed element: In the designer, select the page where you want to add the map.
Then, drag and drop an HTML Embed element onto the page.
- Paste the code: Double click on the HTML Embed element to open its settings. In the code field, paste the following code:
<iframe src="https://www.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d..your-API-key-here." width="600" height="450" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy"></iframe>
Step 3: Customize and Style Your Map
Now that you have added the map to your Webflow website, you can customize and style it according to your preferences. Here are a few tips:
- Resize the map: You can adjust the width and height attributes in the iframe code above to resize the map.
- Add markers or multiple locations: If you want to add markers or display multiple locations on your map, you can modify the iframe source URL by adding appropriate parameters. Check out Google’s documentation for more information on this.
- Apply CSS styles: You can apply CSS styles to the map or its container element to change its appearance. Use Webflow’s built-in style editor or add custom CSS code.
Adding a Google Map to your Webflow website is a great way to provide location information and enhance the user experience. By following the steps outlined in this tutorial, you can easily embed a map and customize it to fit your design. Now go ahead and give it a try!