Font Awesome is a popular icon library that allows you to add and customize icons on your website. In this tutorial, we will learn how to add Font Awesome icons to Webflow.
To begin, you need to have a Webflow account and a project set up. Once you are logged in and have your project open, follow these steps:
Step 1: Include Font Awesome CSS
Font Awesome provides CSS files that you need to include in your Webflow project. To do this, click on the “Project Settings” button located at the bottom left corner of the designer panel.
In the Project Settings modal, go to the “Custom Code” tab. You will see an input field labeled “Head Code”. This is where we will add the link to Font Awesome CSS.
Copy and paste the following code into the “Head Code” input field:
This code imports the Font Awesome CSS file from a CDN (Content Delivery Network).
Step 2: Add an Icon
Now that we have included Font Awesome CSS in our project, we can start adding icons to our website.
- Select an element on which you want to place an icon. It could be anything like a button, text block, or even a navigation link.
- Click on the plus icon (+) that appears when you hover over the selected element.
- In the dropdown menu that appears, select “Add Symbol”.
A dialog box will appear with various symbol options. You can search for specific icons using keywords or browse through different categories provided by Font Awesome.
Step 3: Customize the Icon
Once you have added an icon, you can customize its appearance using Webflow’s styling options.
- Select the icon element on your canvas.
- Go to the “Style” tab in the right sidebar.
- Here, you can change the icon’s size, color, and position using the available options.
Webflow allows you to style Font Awesome icons just like any other element on your website.
Step 4: Preview and Publish
After you have added and customized your Font Awesome icons, it’s time to preview and publish your Webflow project.
- Click on the “Preview” button located at the top right corner of the designer panel to see how your website looks with Font Awesome icons.
- If everything looks good, you can proceed to publish your website by clicking on the “Publish” button in the top menu bar.
Congratulations! You have successfully added Font Awesome icons to your Webflow project. Now you can enhance the visual appeal of your website by incorporating a wide range of icons provided by Font Awesome.
Font Awesome is a powerful tool that allows you to add beautiful and customizable icons to your Webflow projects. With just a few simple steps, you can enhance the visual appeal of your website and make it more engaging for users. So go ahead and try adding some Font Awesome icons to your next Webflow project!