Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you need to delete all the guides in SketchUp? It can be quite a tedious task if you have a lot of guides scattered around your model. But fear not, because in this tutorial, I will show you how to delete all guides in SketchUp for free.
Method 1: Manual Deletion
If you only have a few guides in your model, manually deleting them can be a quick and easy solution. Here’s how:
- Select the Tape Measure tool from the toolbar on the left side of the screen. The cursor will change to a tape measure icon.
- Click on one of the guides to select it.
- Press the Delete key on your keyboard to remove the selected guide.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each guide until they are all deleted.
This method works well if you only have a handful of guides, but what if you have dozens or even hundreds of them? Don’t worry, there’s another method that can save you time and effort.
Method 2: Plugins
If you’re dealing with a large number of guides, using plugins can be a more efficient way to delete them all at once. Here are two popular plugins that can help:
a. CleanUp³ Plugin
The CleanUp³ plugin is a powerful tool that allows you to clean up your SketchUp models by removing unnecessary elements, including guides. Follow these steps to use it:
- Download and install the CleanUp³ plugin from the SketchUcation Plugin Store or the Extension Warehouse.
- Open your SketchUp model.
- Select Extensions from the menu bar, then choose CleanUp³. The CleanUp³ dialog box will appear.
- Click on the Guides tab in the CleanUp³ dialog box.
- Select all the guide options you want to remove, such as “Guides”, “Construction Points”, and “Construction Lines”.
- Click on the Clean button to delete all selected guides.
b. ThomThom’s Selection Toys Plugin
The Selection Toys plugin by ThomThom is another handy tool that can help you delete guides in SketchUp. Follow these steps to use it:
- Download and install the Selection Toys plugin from the SketchUcation Plugin Store or the Extension Warehouse.
- Select Tools from the menu bar, then choose Selection Toys. The Selection Toys dialog box will appear.
- Note: You may need to restart SketchUp after installing the plugin for it to appear in the Tools menu.
- Select Guides in the Entity Types section of the Selection Toys dialog box.
- Select All Instances in Model from the In Model section of the Selection Toys dialog box.
- Note: You can also choose specific instances if you only want to delete guides in certain components or groups.
- Click on the Delete button to remove all selected guides.
Using these plugins can save you a significant amount of time and effort, especially if you have a complex model with numerous guides.
Deleting all guides in SketchUp doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Whether you choose the manual deletion method or opt for the convenience of plugins, you now have the knowledge to efficiently remove all those unwanted guides from your models. So go ahead, tidy up your designs, and enjoy a clutter-free workspace in SketchUp!