Are you looking to export a website from Webflow? Exporting your website can be useful if you want to host it on a different platform or make changes outside of the Webflow environment. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the process of exporting a website from Webflow and provide you with step-by-step instructions.
Exporting Your Website From Webflow
If you’ve completed your website design in Webflow and are ready to export it, follow these simple steps:
- Login to your Webflow account and navigate to the Dashboard.
- Select the project that contains the website you want to export.
- Click on the “Export” button located at the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose your preferred export option. Webflow provides two options:
- Publish ZIP:This option is suitable if you want to share your project with someone who doesn’t have access to Webflow. It creates a read-only ZIP file that preserves the design and interactivity of your site but doesn’t include editable code files.
The Export Process
If you choose the “Export HTML, CSS & JS” option, follow these additional steps:
- Select any additional options for exporting. For example, you can choose to minify the code to reduce file size or include CMS content if your project uses Webflow’s Content Management System.
- Click on the “Export” button.
- Wait for the export process to complete. The time it takes will depend on the size and complexity of your website.
- Download the ZIP file once the export is finished.
The Publish ZIP Process
If you choose the “Publish ZIP” option, follow these additional steps:
- Select any additional options for publishing. For example, you can choose to include or exclude certain pages, assets, or interactions.
- Click on the “Publish” button.
- Wait for the publishing process to complete.
This process may take some time depending on the size and complexity of your website.
- Create a password if you want to secure your published ZIP file with a password. This step is optional but can be useful if you want to restrict access to your design files.
- Share or download the published ZIP file once it’s ready.
Congratulations! You have successfully exported your website from Webflow using either the “Export HTML, CSS & JS” or “Publish ZIP” options.
Now you can host it on any web server or share it with others who don’t have access to Webflow. Remember that when exporting your website, it’s essential to consider factors like file size optimization and security, depending on your specific needs.
By following these easy steps, you can effortlessly export your website from Webflow and take complete control of your web design project. Happy exporting!