Are you ready to share your amazing project on Webflow? Sharing your work with the world is an exciting milestone, and Webflow makes it easy for you to do so.
In this tutorial, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of sharing a project on Webflow. Let’s get started!
The basics of sharing a project on Webflow
If you’re new to Webflow, here’s a quick overview of how sharing a project works:
- Create an account: The first step is to create an account on webflow.com. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- Create a project: Once you’re logged in, click on the “Create new project” button to start creating your project.
Give it a name and select the template or start from scratch.
- Design your project: Use Webflow’s powerful visual editor to design and customize your project. Add elements, adjust styles, and make it look just the way you want.
- Set up hosting: After designing your project, you need to set up hosting. Click on the “Publish” button in the top right corner and follow the prompts to set up hosting for your project.
Publishing your project
Congratulations! You’ve reached the exciting part – publishing your project for everyone to see.
Webflow gives you multiple options for publishing your projects:
- Webflow subdomain: By default, Webflow assigns a subdomain to each new project. You can choose to publish your project on this subdomain, which will look like yourprojectname.webflow.io.
- Custom domain: If you have your own domain, you can easily connect it to your Webflow project. This allows you to have a custom URL for your project, like www.yourdomain.
- Export code: If you prefer to host your project elsewhere or want to work with developers, you can export the code and host it on any server.
Publishing on a Webflow subdomain
If you choose to publish on a Webflow subdomain, follow these steps:
- Click “Publish”: In the Webflow Designer, click on the “Publish” button in the top right corner.
- Select “Webflow.io”: In the publishing options, select “webflow.io” as your hosting option.
- Publish: Click on the “Publish” button to publish your project. Webflow will generate a unique subdomain for your project.
Publishing with a custom domain
If you want to use your own domain for publishing, here’s what you need to do:
- Add your custom domain: In the Webflow Designer, click on the “Project Settings” tab and select the “Hosting” tab. Click on the “+ Add Custom Domain” button and enter your domain name.
- DNS configuration: After adding your custom domain, Webflow will provide you with DNS settings.
You need to update your domain’s DNS settings with the provided records. This step may vary depending on your domain registrar.
- Verify and publish: Once you’ve updated your DNS settings, click on the “Verify DNS Configuration” button in Webflow. If everything is set up correctly, you can click on the “Publish” button to publish your project on your custom domain.
Sharing a project on Webflow is a breeze! Whether you choose to publish on a Webflow subdomain or use a custom domain, Webflow provides you with all the tools you need to showcase your work. Remember to take advantage of Webflow’s powerful design capabilities and create something truly amazing!
We hope this tutorial has been helpful in guiding you through the process of sharing your project on Webflow. Now it’s time to unleash your creativity and share your masterpiece with the world!