In this tutorial, we will learn how to link text in Webflow. Adding links to your website is essential for improving user experience and directing visitors to relevant content. With Webflow’s intuitive interface, creating links is a breeze.
Creating a Basic Text Link
Let’s start by creating a basic text link. To do this, follow these steps:
- Highlight the text: First, select the text that you want to turn into a link. You can do this by clicking and dragging your cursor over the desired text.
- Open the link settings: Once you have highlighted the text, right-click on it and select “Link Settings” from the context menu that appears.
- Add the URL: In the Link Settings panel, enter the URL you want to link to in the “URL” field.
Make sure to include http:// or https:// at the beginning of the URL to ensure it functions correctly.
- Choose Target options: Webflow allows you to specify how you want your link to open. You can choose between opening it in the same window or in a new tab/window. Select your preferred option from the Target dropdown menu.
- Save and apply: After configuring all of these settings, click on “Save & Apply” to apply the changes and turn your selected text into a clickable link.
You have now successfully created a basic text link in Webflow!
Styling Link Text
In addition to creating links, Webflow also allows you to style your link text using various HTML elements and CSS classes. Let’s explore some common styling options:
If you want to make your linked text bold, you can wrap it in a tag. For example:
<b>This is a bold link</b>
To underline your linked text, use the tag. Here’s an example:
<u>This is an underlined link</u>
List of Links:
If you have multiple links that you want to display as a list, you can use the
- tags. Here’s how:
Adding Links to Images
In Webflow, you can also add links to images. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the image: Click on the image that you want to turn into a clickable link.
- Open the link settings: Once the image is selected, click on the “Link Settings” button located in the top toolbar.
- Add the URL: In the Link Settings panel, enter the URL you want to link to.
- Select Target options: Choose whether you want the link to open in the same window or in a new tab/window.
- Save and apply: After configuring these settings, click on “Save & Apply” to apply the changes and make your image clickable.
That’s it! You have now learned how to link text and images in Webflow. By using these techniques, you can enhance the functionality and interactivity of your website, providing a better user experience for your visitors.
Remember to experiment with different styles and layouts to make your links visually engaging and consistent with your website’s design.