AutoCAD is a powerful software widely used in various industries for designing and drafting purposes. When working with AutoCAD, you may come across situations where you need to type the angle symbol.
The angle symbol is a crucial element in representing angles accurately in your drawings. In this article, we will explore different methods to type the angle symbol in AutoCAD.
Method 1: Using the Keyboard Shortcut
To quickly insert the angle symbol in your AutoCAD drawing, you can use a keyboard shortcut. The keyboard shortcut for the angle symbol is Ctrl + <. Pressing these keys simultaneously will insert the angle symbol at your cursor position.
Method 2: Using Character Map
If your keyboard does not have a dedicated angle symbol key or if the keyboard shortcut doesn’t work for you, you can use the Character Map utility on your computer to insert the angle symbol in AutoCAD.
- Open the Character Map utility by searching for “Character Map” in the Windows search bar.
- In the Character Map window, select “Arial” or any other font that supports the angle symbol from the Font dropdown menu.
- Scroll through the characters until you find the angle symbol (°).
- Select the angle symbol and click on the “Copy” button.
- Switch back to your AutoCAD drawing and paste (Ctrl + V) the copied character at your desired location.
If you frequently need to type special characters like an angle symbol, it is recommended to add them to your AutoCAD toolbar for quick access. You can do this by customizing your toolbar and adding a button that inserts the desired special character when clicked.
Method 3: Using the Character Code
Another way to type the angle symbol in AutoCAD is by using its character code. The character code for the angle symbol is °. To insert the angle symbol using its character code:
- Click on the text or Mtext tool in AutoCAD to activate it.
- Type “°” (without quotes) followed by a space or any other key.
- AutoCAD will automatically convert “°” into the angle symbol (°).
The character code method can be used for typing other special characters as well. You can refer to the AutoCAD documentation or online resources for a comprehensive list of character codes.
By using any of these methods, you can easily type the angle symbol in AutoCAD and accurately represent angles in your drawings. Whether you prefer keyboard shortcuts, Character Map utility, or character codes, AutoCAD provides multiple options to suit your workflow.
Experiment with these methods and choose the one that works best for you. Happy designing!