Figma is a cloud-based vector graphics editor and prototyping tool, which is available for macOS, Windows, Linux, and Web. It is used by professionals from various fields such as web design and development, product design, mobile app development, etc.
for creating designs and collaborating with their teams.
When you work on Figma online, you can save the file in the cloud and it will be accessible from anywhere with internet access. But if you want to open the Figma file in desktop, there are certain steps that you need to follow.
Steps To Open Figma File In Desktop:
- First of all, log in to your Figma account.
- Open the project which contains the file that you want to open in desktop.
- On the left side of the page there is a list of files associated with this project. Select the file which you want to open.
- Now click on “Share”.
This will take you to another page with “Shareable Link” option.
- Copy this link and paste it into your browser’s address bar.
- “File”, then select “Download”. This will download your Figma file as a ZIP folder onto your local device.
- “Unzip”. This will allow you to access the contents of the file and open it in desktop applications such as Adobe Illustrator or Sketch.
By following these steps carefully, anyone can easily open Figma files in their desktop applications. It helps them to view their designs or prototypes offline as well as make any changes or modifications without having to upload them back online again.
In conclusion, opening a Figma file in desktop can be done by following simple steps like logging into your account, copying “Shareable Link”, downloading it as a ZIP folder and then unzipping it. This makes it easy for users to view their designs or prototypes offline without having to upload them back online again.